Saturday 7 January 2012

a long time ago ...

In the olden days (according my one of my 5 year olds) i.e. the mid 1990s, I was given an awesome wool cardigan by a friend, and I tell you, living in a cold Edinburgh flat I never had the thing off! And here is it in 2004 at ferret-bath-time!



and again in the garden on a fresh spring day in 2008, just before Mary came to join our tribe. That's her, in that amazing belly! The girls and I seem to be making a massive mud-pie!



But the cardigan got a nibble from a moth at one point, and the sleeves wore at the ends, and I did a bit of stitching and wore it some more. Once when it was looking very tired and stretched across the shoulders, it was washed at 40' instead of 30', which tightened it up again beautifully.

This Christmas though I bought a new woollen cardigan with money from my Mum, and felted old cardi in the machine at 65' with craft projects in mind. Flat-Cat was born from the sleeves, and looks great sat on my sofa. The tummy and muzzle are made from pieces of linen curtain off-cuts from a neighbour!



Yes, Old Cardigan is BACK!

3 comments:

WendyCarole said...

Ooooooooh I do like flat cat. She looks so happy.

Love it when stuff gets recycled.

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I love what you have done with this sweater. It must have been a hard choice. I have one too that I love so much, it is old and raggy, but I can not part with it yet. Mine is cotton, if it were wool I would be cutting mine up today, I like this idea that much.

Jo said...

Oh what a lovely way to keep a old but favourite wolly. The cat looks very at home.
Have a good week